POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : rendering error message after turning on preemptive threading : Re: rendering error message after turning on preemptive threading Server Time
4 May 2024 19:55:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering error message after turning on preemptive threading
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 10 Aug 2003 14:24:37
Message: <3f368de5@news.povray.org>
In article <3F3### [at] comcastnet> , Michael <m-i### [at] comcastnet>
wrote:

> Cannot open include file colors.inc.
> Check that the file is in a directory specified with a +L switch or
> 'Library_Path=' .INI item. Standard include files are in the include
> directory or folder. Please read your documentation carefully.

The message clearly tells you the file "colors.inc" cannot be found because
you didn't specify the include files folder.  If you check the
documentation, you will find that "colors.inc" is a standard include file.
So you have to add its folder to those folders where POV-Ray looks for
include files.

> The POVMSLib extension is in the POV-Mac 3.5 folder.  I have even tried
> it in the system extension folder but that didn't help. I read through a
> ton of threads but there is no mention of this error.  So what am I missing?

That POVMSLib isn't an extension and you should stay away from it. Leave it
where you found it!  Do not move it into the system folder!  It has
absolutely nothing to do with the problem!  The message does not say to
start moving some private POV-Ray files like POVMSLib around - doing so will
only cause a mess and is likely to damage your install!!!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde